The following resources are considered suitable for use in Key Stage 4. However, they may be adaptable to suit any area. Please note that the KS3-4 section contains a large number of resources suitable for years 9-11.
The A/AS-level section may contain resources adaptable for use at GCSE-level.
Design & Technology
- !NUCLIDES - a graphical database containing information on
3000+ known stable or radioactive isotopes of all known elements up to
element 118, displayed on a Segre chart.
- !ELEMENTS - a graphical database containing the latest information on all known elements and their isotopes up to element 118. This program complements !Nuclides.
- www.gcse.com - revision website written under RISC OS!
- Squashed Impression Document (7K) - Block and Tackle Work Done and Efficiency example
- Squashed Drawfile (26K) - Magnetic Force on a Current-Carrying Wire
Includes three diagrams: field around wire, between bar magnets, and combined.
- Squashed Drawfile (4.5K) - con/de-structive interference of waves
- Zip Archive (77K) - Drawfiles
Diffraction and the Ripple Tank; SWG/diameter/csa table for wires.
- Zip Archive (14K) - electricity test
Kindly submitted by Andrew Harmsworth. Website.
- Zip Archive (15K) - Impression Document
A worksheet designed to test pupils' understanding of thermal energy
transfer and insulation.
- Zip Archive (7K) - Impression Document
Multiple choice test on the topic of energy.
- Zip Archive (5K) - Fireworkz
Match the definitions to the terms.
If you find any of the above resources useful, please let us know! Better still, join the discussion list.
Click here to submit resources...